THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PRACTICE
Introducing….The Proficient Shooter Program: monthly 2-hour training sessions.
This new program addresses what often happens.
People come to training, they “fill the square” on their checklist, then they don’t take the time to go out and practice. It’s easy to see why.
- There is no structure to the practice schedule, it’s just go when you can.
- Next, life gets in the way. There’s just never a “good time” to go, you have to pack up a bunch of stuff and go someplace you may have never been, and figure out what to do when you get there, and so on. It’s just too much trouble.
What happens is this (it happens to everybody – you’re not the only one):
- You decide to “go shooting”.
- You get somebody to go with you, and gather up all your stuff (at least what you remember to bring).
- You go to the range, or the desert, or someplace, load up, and start shooting.
- You’re not hitting what you’re aiming at, and it’s actually getting worse – It’s still fun, just kind of depressing.
- You leave on a low note, feeling like you aren’t any good (but at least you’re safe – your friend, you aren’t too sure about).
- The more time that goes by until you do it again, the less likely you are to go.
- You’re figuring that
- you’ll do worse than last time (you will),
- you’re afraid you’ll look like a dope in front of your friend (who can’t make it anyway, so now you have to go by yourself – not as much fun – or find somebody else – too much trouble).
- Aw, the heck with it.
You know how this goes – here’s the solution.
Our solution is to take all of the uncertainty, difficulty, and decision-making out of the equation. We figure, if we offer a short, inexpensive, monthly, “Shooting Clinic” session, we can accomplish a lot:
- We will work in small groups – 4 people will be a maximum – This way, we make sure you get the one-on-one attention you need. Sometimes you won’t need much, other times, we’ll be stuck to you like Velcro.
- We can make sure that you maintain your knowledge, safe gun-handling habits, and basic skills
- Since building and maintaining your proficiency is done best when it’s in regular sessions as it helps you retain the material better through repetition, we can keep you spooled up
- We can track your progress, and add new skills as you’re ready for them
- 2-hour sessions at $85 with active instruction the whole time are small enough bites that it’s easy to fit into your busy schedule and inexpensive enough to not be a burden
- it’s fun, and so are we – we’ll be your shooting buddy.
– when you’re ready for it, we build “sets” to simulate scenario based responses to attacks on the street, intruders in your home, carjackers, or anything else.
There’s an enormous amount to learn. We typically have Academy students for over two weeks, and still don’t teach them what we teach to SWAT and other tactical teams.
We can make you better than Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone combined, and do it over a period of time that doesn’t make you feel weary, overwhelmed, or like you’ve been to boot camp.
We’re patient, understanding, and we don’t talk down to you. We don’t yell at you, and you won’t have to do push-ups (probably).
In short, you get all of the training and practice with none of the pain.
What you’ll need:
Please bring a few hundred rounds of ammo. You’ll almost certainly not need all of it, but sessions will vary considerably as far as ammo requirements. Sometimes you’ll go through a lot, sometimes, hardly any. Incidentally, we are fully aware of the scarcity of ammo. If you are unable to find some, we’ll have some available for purchase. The prices will vary with what we had to pay for it. (Hopefully things will stabilize in the ammo market before too long)
You’ll want to bring your eye and ear protection. As always, if you don’t have your favorite flavor, we have plenty of ears (electronic) available for your use. Any eyeglasses will suffice.
Appropriate clothing. Sometimes you’ll be running and shooting on the move, and you’ll get a little dirty. Sometimes you won’t. For outdoor sessions, dress accordingly. As always, we strongly encourage wearing a shirt with a tight collar (like a t-shirt) that hot brass can’t get into, and a brimmed hat of some sort. Don’t wear sandals.
To sign up:
Just go to the calendar page on the website and look for the word “clinic” to check for pre-scheduled dates. We schedule them in accordance with feedback we’ve received from you regarding days and times. If you don’t see one that fits your schedule, let us know. We can often accommodate whatever works for you. As soon as we receive your registration, we’ll send you a confirmation email and instructions.
The Proficient Shooter Session fee is $85.00 per person.
Approximately 2 hours
contact us for additional information.
Enrollment and Payment:You may complete the enrollment and payment process online by going to the Class Calendar, locate the next scheduled class and reserve your space. You may also Call or Contact Us by email.
You will need to complete one course enrollment form for each student attending. Remember to bring a copy of the completed enrollment / waiver form with you the day of the Class.